Tuesday 20 March 2007

Life Without Oyster


I used to reside in London. Since moving out of London, I no longer have my Oyster Card. I left my old job with 2 months of zones 1-2 already paid for, and therefore gave my Oyster Card to a friend to use. She promptly lost it. So I no longer have the blue ticket to freedom and, considering I don’t live in London, I haven’t got around to applying for a new one and stumping up three whole pounds for it.

And then I went to London and saw the non-Oyster-card price for a single in Zone 1. £4! I thought it was a mistake. An error on the machine. It can’t be £4 just for one journey surely! I remember when you could get a Zones 1-6 for £4.50!

Well, I paid up, with a grimace. And then headed straight for the Oyster application form…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what happens when people vote our resident Nazi Ken into power.

Bitter? Moi?

Anonymous said...

They'll give you a pre-pay oyster right away - you just need the form to register. And you don't need to bother with that if you're only going to use pay as you go ...

Anonymous said...

yes, they used to call Red Ken didn't they, maybe its because he sucks the blood from everyone that travels on the tube!

Billyo said...

At some stations there is a machine that dishes them out. Just pop in 3 quid. Register it on-line later.